Mobility carbon footprint, air quality improvement, analysis of emerging technologies, and connected and autonomous mobility. Education and research program with the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Objective of the education and research program
To generate knowledge among society about the challenges of mobility and the major emerging technologies to improve air quality and reduce the carbon footprint.
Why the circular economy?
We are moving more and more. We move to go to work, to transport goods, to visit family and friends, or to get to know other cultures. But the current mobility model is contributing significantly to global warming in general and to poor air quality in cities. Transportation is a sector that consumes 30% of the global energy and generates more than 20% of CO2 emissions.
Therefore, one of the great challenges of the future is to create a sustainable mobility model that ensures the protection of the environment, health, and the quality of life of citizens, while at the same time favoring economic development. In this great challenge of decarbonizing and making mobility more sustainable, technology and scientific rigor must be our allies and new technologies in development will be key.
Lines of work 2023
- Mobility carbon footprint analysis: from production to end-of-life management.
- Improve air quality.
- New vehicle propulsion technologies in the future.
- Contribution of autonomous, connected, cooperative, and shared mobility to reduce the negative impacts of road transport.
Permanent work team
- Óscar García, Director ETSII, Professor at the UPM
- Ricardo Perera Velamazán, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Jesús Casanova Kindelán, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Rafael Borge García, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Javier Pérez Rodríguez, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- José Manuel Burón Caballero, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Felipe Jiménez Alonso, Professor at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid